Saturday, August 22, 2009

we are the product of our upbringing...

i learned clearly that alin is taking a destructive path of following jaja and gegel's footsteps...in case u are wondering, alin, jaja and gegel are my younger sisters...the way she respond to me is almost to eerily similar to jaja and gegel that it's super scary...whenever i call and relay on some random stories, she'll be like 'riggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhht................' and then one pregnant pause....then, 'moving on.....'...yeah...she treated me like i'm a child in need of attention...well....i may act like one, a child i mean, but i'm still her loveable eldest sister...it's very frustrating when all of ur younger siblings are irreverent of u...and alin is definitely learning well (and taking unnecessary cue from jaja and gegel)...


anyway, i noticed i quote mama a lot...whether it's her advice, philosophy on life in general and her cooking, i quote her well....it seems like mama's pearl of wisdom is golden to me...all of her established rules like how fish asam pedas goes well with fried chicken, not chicken in soy sauce, is like gospel to me...funny we follow our parents or those who brought us up really closely subconsciously to some extent...i love mama and her quirky sense of the world, don't mistake me...but all this claim that i am coming into my own woman, it's true but really my family makes up a lot of my sense of self...my religion, family and friends...i am a truly lucky person...

in celebration of this ramadhan, i'd like to give thanks to Allah SWT for all of my blessings and i pray for forgiveness, strength and health to all whom i know and love...



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Enter My Lair. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino