Wednesday, February 6, 2019

My New Darling Find: Joyful Eye Shadow Palatte!

I am truly excited for this new palatte!



As everyone who knows me, I am a total newbie when it comes to skincare and makeup. This Chinese New Year brought a LOT of discounts and sales and as usual, it becomes my particular favourite time of the year.

I went to Watsons and bought a lot of my daily care products.

Incidentally (not really, I was totally my fault for testing this), I went to test their makeup products on sale. I was not planning to get any eye shadow palatte since I have good one for smokey eyes (my go-to look) and I rarely use it anyway. But alas, there is time and place for everything. I went to test this no-name brand eye shadow palatte and fell in love. After a LONG deliberation, I just bought it. It was on sale and it was only RM25.35 anyway.

Disclaimer: I am not sure what is the brand. It may be a dupe for some brand I do not know of. But you can get this at Watsons and I believe it is a Watsons brand (no mention about it specifically).



Let's get into the nitty-gritty of it!

Price

Price point is GREAT! It is affordable for 12 colours, 8 in which are shimmery shades. RM25.35 after 30% discount, I believe. I would say this goes into the drugstore brand category. As opposed to high-end brand.

Packaging

It is a simple black boxed package. Smallish but it looks beautiful nonetheless. The lettering on the external box is in gold and adds the beauty of the whole package. The small package is great for travelling.

Inside

As per picture above. The eye shadow palatte are all mini-sized, but it is sufficient for me since I do not wear eye shadow often enough before they become stale and unusable. The eye shadow applicator is not my favourite but you can always use your fingers or your own brush. The colours are beautiful and cheerful. Gold, red, brown, plum and bronze in various shimmery shades.

Item

Now the star of it all! The eye shadows themselves!



Okay, I just swatched the shimmery colours. There are 8 shimmery colours with the shade of red, pink, plum, bronze, gold and brown. The middle swatch are also suitable for highlights, I think, they are so light and shiny. One thing I have to confess, these are not super pigmented. I have to do multiple swatch for them to come out like this. But a few colours really stood out. The dark brown bronze shade at the end, that is THE QUEEN of the palette. One swatch and it is BEAUTIFUL. The red at the other end, it is THE KING (get it, KING and QUEEN). I love the plum colour too, next to the red shade, but it has one of the poorest pigmentation out of the bunch (as poor as the light gold one, third from the end of brown). The palette is not too powdery, so fallout is minimal (it still has some fallout though).

I'd recommend this for beginners like me, who are dabbling into makeup and not keen to dive into the high end stuff yet.

Ratings

3/5 - Great for beginners like me. Something cheap but great looking. Not too bulky for travelling. Colourful enough for the cheerful look.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Enter My Lair. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino