Thursday, May 16, 2019

The Hair Care I Love!


Today is a great day.

I will be talking about my daily hair care.

I actually am not a really high maintenance/fussy person in terms of my hair care/skincare. I use cheap drugstore products which I usually purchase when they are on sale.

Lets start with the background story. I don't have luscious hair like those TV hair models. I have fairly black (like most Asians do) hair which is prone to hair fall. In fact, I have severe case of hair fall. I have yet to have any bald spots, but I can collect my hair in a week and probably make a wig out of it. It is not too dry nor not too oily. I do not have any scalp issues.

So, moving on. I have been using these products for a few months now. I think I am nearing my hair products anniversary now. Other than the deep conditioner (the blue opened packet here), I have used this brand of hair care for a few months.

I have used Good Virtues Co shampoo, conditioner and hair serum. While I use the shampoo and conditioner regularly, I have to admit to being lazy and use the serum probably 4-5 times a week instead of after each hair cleansing.


Image may contain: drink

This brand is not something spectacular, my hair does not become beautifully luscious nor the hair fall reduces but 4 things I truly can recommend:
1. The packaging is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous. It's colourful and beautiful. I am a sucker for beautiful things.
2. The price is great. On sale in Watson, I can easily get it for half the shelf price.
3. The smell is HEAVENLY. I love the smell. My hair smells so yummy after each wash.
4. The shampoo and conditioner have this cooling effect on my scalp that I love every time I use them. It is probably menthol or some sort, but I love it. My scalp feels tingly and as if air conditioner is blowing on it.

Now, the star of the day. The deep conditioner.

It is recommended by my housemate a few weeks ago. She loves it and in view of it being on sale (as usual, my motivation is heavily relied on discounts and sales), I bought a few sachets from Guardian. I think the price point is RM15+ per sachet, but I got it for RM8.

Each sachet lasts for 3-4 wash, depending on your hair volume. The less hair you have (shorter and thinner hair), the longer this can last. This super awesome product is super easy to use, just slather it all over your hair after a wash with your regular shampoo and leave it for around 10 minutes. Then rinse. I use it once a week.

What I get is super beautiful luscious hair that: lasts for a few days. It smells super beautiful too (notice I use 'beautiful' multiple times here).

The downside of this product is:
1. It is expensive for 3-4 washings. Come on, it is RM15 per sachet, which is equal to ~RM4-5 per wash.
2. Its packaging. It is like our instant noodle sauce. It can easily spill or get contaminated or dry out in between use.

I have yet to find a product that is good for hair fall. I know our diet is an important factor for hair fall control, but I need a range of hair product that is good for my hair. For now, these 4 is doing okay for my hair. I still love the deep conditioner. It is super nice.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Enter My Lair. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino