Monday, January 14, 2019

Best Friend

If there is one person I love on this earth other than my loved ones (my family, that goes without saying), it is Joyce.

She is my best friend. I may not grown up with her, I may not know her long enough (but I've known her for more than 10 years, about 1/3 of my life, all of it in adulthood) and has loved her as long.

I met her in Auckland from a peer-to-peer programme both of us volunteered for. It was, if possible, love at first sight. We just clicked. She is so grounded and practical. While I was more whimsical and emotional. But we fit. Sometimes, we don't need to be similar to just love each other.

She became my family away from my much-loved family. We were both each others' sidekick. We lunched, we brunched, we dined, we gossed, we karaoked out of our lungs and lives. We did weird things. We talked about random things. We watched weird stuff. We went to concerts (sorry I am SO not into movies, so we missed that). 

Her home was where her beautiful cats and family welcomed me. 

When she got married, I was her bridesmaid. I am truly honored to be beside her on her big day. I get to know Alex (well, that mysterious catfish is OUT THERE I AM SURE, or was it EELS?).

I met a lot more people from Joyce. She is that person who knows everyone and she is friends with everyone. 

There are too many stories to tell. Good and bad, she went through a lot with me in my last 4 years in Auckland and we kept in touch since the wedding last year.

She is having a hard time now. That is her story to tell.

I miss her and I wish her the best and all of my prayers. There is always more love around.

Love you and miss you.

Stay healthy and happy, both you and Alex.

Thinking of you.

I am not there physically but my thoughts are always with you. 

THERE WILL BE GOOD DAYS AHEAD. ALWAYS.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Enter My Lair. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino