Friday, December 21, 2018

Make-Up


I started to use makeup when I was in university.

Light years ago.

That is when I met Dora and Yaya, who convinced me that makeup is for everyone.

To be honest, half of my life, I have this subconscious fear that makeup will make me look like a clown. Add into the mix an overwhelming anxiety and belief that makeup is only for the pretty and fair. I live in a society that has this unspoken belief that being fair and thin = beauty. 

Every society has its standard of beauty. Mine is no exception and I am finally at peace with that.

I will never be fair, I am born with my skin and it is God's greatest gift and it is my parents inheritance for me. My skin is good enough for me to live with (well, other than its frequent breakouts lately, discolourations and minor imperfections, but hey, I am also fine with those).

I started to dab with use of makeup with encouragements from Dora and Yaya, shoutouts to my lovely friends! It started with cheap drugstore brands, and little things like eyeshadows. My makeup repertoire gradually expands and now I am using foundation, lipstick, eyeliner and mascara daily.

At this point in my life, I am fine with my makeup achievement. I may never look like a pictorial model with flawless skin and beautiful made up face, but I am happy whenever I go out and go to work. I may be too lazy to put on primer, face mist, bake my face, eyeshadow (yes, I have a great palette, but I kept that for special occasions, I don't use it daily) and tonnes of other steps of makeup care.

I already started on my skin care routine of facial wash (all thanks to my trusted Neutrogena Deep Clean cleanser that has been a loyal friend since I was 14 years old, and to a new friend, Banila Co Clean It Zero which cleanses and hydrates my face in 1 magical step), toner (I don't remember what brand, but it is a Korean drugstore brand), face serum, face cream and my newfound love of weekly facemask.

I am excited to share my skin care routine, it is not Korean 10-step skin care, but, for a person who is prior to this, not bothered to even put any cream on my face, it is a huge step of change for me.

Beauty is skin deep and it is on the eyes of the beholder.

I stand by this beliefs.

That said, there is nothing wrong with self-pampering. This is my version of self pampering. And I am enjoying every moment of this.

Watch out for future reviews. I may not ever be a beauty blogger, but I love to share my opinions on my newfound loves.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Enter My Lair. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino