Wednesday, December 19, 2018

6 Months

Yes. My 6th month anniversary in a new part of my job.

I have officially 'graduated' about 6 months ago. Not that I remember the exact time nor date.

But give and take a few days and hours, I am into my 6th months anniversary.

To say that I've become someone new, that is overreaching.

To say that I've become wiser, I highly doubt it.

To say that I've become more competent, that is a laugh.

But I know I have learned more. I have met more people, I am still bad-tempered and impatient. I am still too lazy to read and learn more.

But when I receive a text message from a fellow junior colleague that goes like this one fine evening out of sudden:

Good morning XXX (that is moi), yesterday was my last day in YYY (my department). Just wanted to thank you for everything in YYY, I've learned a lot from you especially in procedures.
Really enjoyed my time working with you and assisting procedures 😁 Hope to see you again soon! Will miss doing referrals for you 😆
And please get well soon and always take good care of yourself ya

And I don't even think I am that nice. But I remember her as someone I trusted implicitly. Someone who listens to what I want and delivers well. Someone whose summary is almost similar to mine back in the days when I was in the same position as her. I will miss her and wish her all the best. I am sure she will be great in her profession.

AND

I still keep on saying that I want to do locum and do nothing about it other than saying it. Out loud. Then promptly forgot.

When Mas told me yesterday that she got paid a hefty amount, almost as much as our basic pay, I almost fainted (of course, in my mind only), and went into a frenzy of 'wanting to do locum'.

Alas, here I am, 1 day later. Writing my thoughts that no one is interested to read.

Anyway, happy 6th month anniversary Harley! Stay fabulous as you are!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Enter My Lair. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino