Friday, September 21, 2018

Life Can Be Great

There will be times in your life, well in my life at the very least, that things just careened out of control.

These past 2 months since my move is such a time.

I know about my move months earlier, so mentally I was prepared for the move. The new life, new job, new people, new environment are the part that I was not prepared about. I felt so out of place the first few weeks I was here. I just could not orientate well, I could not adapt to new things, people and environment. Not to mention how moving costs me a LOT. A LOT. I spent tonnes on petrol, tolls, house deposit, hotels. I found my house quite late and I found my housemates way later, thus equals to another flurry of spending.

Then, just to add insult to injury, a series of mishaps happened. Something big happened at work. I was down, depressed, demotivated, you name it. All the Ds in the world, the bad parts, are mine to embrace that particular day. That started the ball rolling, and yesterday, I was notified about the report I had to make and 'presentation', if you will, that will come my way soon. 

To make matters worse, I received a letter from my student loan warning about late payment I've never knew about, which actually accumulated since 2014 (great, they waited 4 years to remind me, sorry, to warn me about this, just great). I made a mistake for not checking my re-payment, made wrong payment and voila, if I don't pay almost RM6000 in lump sum, I will be slapped with a lawsuit. I guess I just have to dig up my non-existent saving, or sell one of my kidneys to the black market for that amount.

At this point, you can see my life is just dandy and great.

Wait for it.

Then, out of the blue, a few of my friends sent me some texts yesterday. Asking me how I am. How things are. And I'm suddenly fine. I know things are not so good, but I know I can take things one step at a time.

So thank you. Thank you for being a friend. Thank you for making things brighter for me.

Thank you.

So, if you are a friend, sometimes, just texting a friend once in a blue moon, just asking how they are getting, can get them out of their blues. Simple to be real honest. But it really make a huge difference. It made me feel less alone. Less burdened by life. Less overwhelmed.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Enter My Lair. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino